Daily News / A Chronicle of the day 1957 № 18
Availability of videosources
Needs clarification of possibility of digitizing.
1. Meeting the builders of the Moscow Metro on the occasion of launching a new line of underground roads Crimean area - Luzhniki.
Speakers: Khrushchev, EA Furtseva; present: NA Bulganin.
2. Building the world's first nuclear power plant in Obninsk Obninsk, Moscow region.
Remote control power units.
Heads of Obninsk Nuclear Power Plant, awarded the Lenin Prize: AK Krasin, VA Small, NA Dolezhal, DIBlokhintsev.
3. Manufacture of wire in the factory shop Kryvorizhstal.
Open wire mill.
Finished rolls of barbed wire.
4. Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam Nguyen Van Kinh, presents his credentials in the Kremlin MP Tarasov.
Stay Mikoyan in Vienna for an official visit.
Admission AI Mikoyan leaders of the Austrian Federal Government.
6. Meeting in the park near the Bolshoi Theater of the Soviet pilots, participating in the Great Patriotic War.
Present: M. Chechneva, Popova, I. Rakobonskaya, the French guests, participants of 2-nd World War.
7. Kakhovske sea.
Captain of the ship Boychenko, first discovered the spring navigation Kakhovsky sea.
City Kakhovka, streets, urban transport.
8. Herd down goats Uzbek kolkhoz Moscow grazed in the mountains.
9. World Chess Championship between M. Botvinnik and Smyslov Moscow at the Concert Hall of the Tchaikovsky. V. Smyslov crowned with a laurel wreath.
10. Female amateur ensemble performed by the Lithuanian city of Kaunas song prepared for the World Festival of Youth and Students in Moscow.