Daily News / A Chronicle of the day 1974 № 24
Availability of videosources
Needs clarification of possibility of digitizing in HD.
Temporary descriptionMoscow. Soviet-American talks in the Kremlin. On the Soviet side part: Leonid Brezhnev, NV Podgorny, Kosygin, Gromyko. On the American side: U.S. President Richard Nixon, U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger. The signing of the Soviet-American documents. Kazakhstan. Coal production at a mine Ekibastuz. Speakers at the podium. The signing of the agreement. Moscow. Sheremetyevo Airport. Arrival of the American astronauts, led by General T. Stafford. Among the welcoming Soviet cosmonauts Alexei Leonov, A. Ivanchenko, V. Romanenko, N. Rukavishnikov, VF Bykovsky, V. Kubasov. Obninsk. Statement by Soviet scientists in the scientific conference dedicated to the 20th anniversary of the start of Obninsk Nuclear Power Plant. Among the speakers Academician Anatoly Alexandrov, the chief designer of the reactor Academician Nikolai Dollezhal, a member of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR Blokhintsev. Moments performances of Japanese dance group "Nippon kachek given."
1. The talks in the Kremlin, General Secretary Leonid Brezhnev and President Richard Nixon.
The talks took part: Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet Nikolai Podgorny, President of the Council of Ministers of the USSR, AN Kosygin, Soviet Foreign Minister Andrei Gromyko, Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.
Signing of US-Soviet documents - Agreement on cooperation in the field of energy signed Nikolai Podgorny and Richard Nixon; agreement on cooperation in the field of housing and other construction sign Kosygin and Richard Nixon.
Leonid Brezhnev and Richard Nixon signed Soviet-American agreements on economic cooperation and arms control.
2. Coal mining in the context of "Hero" Ekibastuz coalfield.
Works giant bucket-wheel excavator, created by experts of the USSR and East Germany.
Works driver rotor IA Neverov.
Drove by freight train with coal.
3. Harvesting grain at the farm behalf of 22 th Party Congress Algabasskogo area of Kazakhstan.
Harvesters in the field.
Passing trucks with grain.
4. International conference on industrial development and economic and scientific-technical cooperation, organized by the Soviet Committee of the Council of Ministers of the USSR on Science and Technology in conjunction with Stanford Research Institute.
The conference was attended by representatives of the boards of directors, presidents of leading companies and banks in thirty countries.
Speakers - Deputy Chairman, State Committee on Science and Technology USSR DM Grishiani, Vice-Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the USSR Kirillin, chairman of the Board of Directors of the Stanford Institute Voss.
The signing of agreements on cooperation in economic, scientific and technical activities.
5. Airport Sheremetyevo American astronauts, headed by Brigadier-General T. Stafford, who arrived for the preparation of the joint Soviet-American space flight of the Soyuz-Apollo.
Among the guests and Soviet cosmonauts: A. Leonov, A. Ivanchenkov, Y. Romanenko, N. Rukavishnikov, Bykovskiy, V. Kubasov.
6. Obninsk - reportage.
Scientific-technical conference dedicated to the 20 anniversary of the launch of Obninsk nuclear power plant.
At the conference speakers - Academician AP Aleksandrov, chief designer of the reactor Academician Dollezhal, a member of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR DIBlokhintsev.
Control Center NPP reactor.
7. Tours in Moscow, the Japanese dance group Nippon Kageki given.
Fragment of speech (synchronously).