Peak hour (1996) 08.27.1996
Availability of videosources
Needs clarification of possibility of digitizing in HD.
Guest of the program: Alexey Ivanitsky, head of the laboratory of the physiological bases of consciousness, Institute of Higher Nervous Activity and Neurophysiology, professor, doctor of medical sciences.
1. So was Socrates right when he said, "know yourself and you will know the whole world"?
It seems that the world we have more or less learned, but here itself is not at all ...
All the way around?
2. This year, your institute, together with the RCA, received an H-ASA grant for work, the results of which will be used in long-term space flights.
Are you going to create an artificial brain?
3. Somehow in an interview you said that "technical progress, as if rests on the limited capabilities of the brain."
That is, the human brain is not able to fully use what he himself has created.
A strange contradiction.
It turns out that the human brain creates a machine, smarter than him, a machine with which he himself can not cope?
4. Where, apart from space, can the results of your work be used?
5. In a spacecraft, a person finds himself in isolation.
How does the brain work depend on the conditions in which the person is located?
6. Judging by the estimates of English specialists, we in Russia live in conditions close to extreme ones.
It seems that the brain can somehow adapt to the "inconveniences" so that they do not deal a crushing blow to general health, or is it an illusion?
Or maybe this is our "national feature"?
7. It is known that, in case of danger, a person can react to the situation in two ways: he is either “paralyzed”, or there is an unprecedented force, fantastic speed and instantaneous adequate response.
What happens in the brain at this moment?
8. Is it said that stress contributes to brain function?
This is true?
What about exams?
For example, you know the subject well.
And in-a friend comes stupor: in the head - a white sheet, the most simple and familiar things are forgotten.
What is jammed?
9. Experts say that we use the capabilities of our brain only by five to seven percent.
What do the other 95% do?
10 Is it possible to force the brain to activate by any special (artificial) methods, to use not 7, but at least 20 percent of its brain potential?
11. Another aspect of the problem is philosophical.
Man is the only creature on earth who is aware of his individuality, separating himself from the outside world.
So what is the human "I"?
12. The brain of all people is the same.
The nature and psyche of each person are individual.
13. How much “I” exists in a person, if there are more than one, is this normal?
14. Two people in the same situation, having approximately the same experience and intelligence, can make both the right and the wrong decision.
What determines the ability to make the right decisions?
15. The usual expression "mental abilities".
One person is talented, the other is not.
In the same conditions, one becomes an academician, and the other is a senior laboratory assistant until retirement.
So what is talent?
16. We often say that we perceive some things at the subconscious level.
What is the subconscious?
17. And one more mysterious thing is intuition.
What is it?
18. The effect of the 25th frame.
Now its use is prohibited, because with it you can persuade a person not only to good, but also to bad deeds.
How does the 25th frame act on the brain, because the human eye does not see it?
20. How else can you affect the human brain?
21. Soul and brain.
Does the soul exist as a kind of material substance (electrical discharges, for example, which the brain produces and condenses)?
22. It is said that in a dream the human brain works better than during wakefulness.
Mendeleev saw his periodic table in a dream.
Do you think this is true?
And then what happens to the brain during sleep?
1. Please tell me, is it possible to turn a person into a zombie?
And then what happens to his brain?
2. Some people are prone to mental illness.
Is it possible, in any way, to predict the possibility of the disease and, perhaps, to correct the work of the brain as early as childhood or even in the womb?
3. Tell me, how is it that the brain of one person is influenced by the brain of another person, and what is a suggestion?