here and now (2000) 12/08/2000
Availability of videosources
Needs clarification of possibility of digitizing in HD.
Guest of the program: Valery Manilov, First Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, Colonel-General.
The main topics and issues discussed in the studio:
1. What is the new tactics of the federal forces in Chechnya, in the number of garrisons or in the fact that they will be permanent?
2. Will the local police enter the garrisons?
3. Will this require the introduction of additional forces in Chechnya?
4.Today two main news, terrorist attacks in Gudermes and Pyatigorsk.
What can you say about this?
5.Pro statement Gantamirova about the involvement of federal troops in the attack on his home.
6.On the incident with the abduction of 7 militants by Gantamirov from federal forces, which has been investigated by a special commission for more than a month.
Is there any result?
7. On the introduction of a state of emergency in Kohetii.
Will Russia send troops there?
8. Pro militant forces stationed in the Pankisi Gorge.
Can they destabilize a stop in Georgia?
9. Is a joint operation of the military of Georgia and Russia in the area possible?