here and now (2000) 04.11.2000
Availability of videosources
Needs clarification of possibility of digitizing in HD.
Guest of the program: Dzhumber Patiashvili, Member of Parliament of Georgia.
The main topics and issues discussed in the studio:
1.Opposition Shevardnadze, if correlated with Russian realities, is it on the right, like Kiriyenko or on the left, like Zyuganov?
2. What exactly is your opposition to Shevardnadze?
3. On the failure of the policy that has been pursued since 1995 and on the promises that have largely remained unfulfilled.
4.Aslan Abashidze, one of the real opponents, withdrew his candidacy a day before the elections, you do not know why?
5. How does the opposition relate to what is happening in Chechnya, to the prospect of closing the borders with Russia?
6. About the likelihood of Georgia’s membership in NATO in five years?
7. Are you ready to join the new government?
8. A few weeks before the elections, the Russian leadership expressed support for E. Shevardnadze.
How does this affect the current political situation in the country?
9. About the closure of borders, that the State Duma of the Russian Federation has not yet ratified the treaty with Georgia.