here and now (2000) 04/15/2000
Availability of videosources
Needs clarification of possibility of digitizing in HD.
Guests of the program: Vladimir Bulgakov, Chief of Staff of the UGV in the North Caucasus, Colonel-General.
Pavel Krasheninnikov, Chairman of the Committee on Legislation of the State Duma of the Russian Federation.
The main topics and issues discussed in the studio:
1.1.According to Maskhadov, a large-scale military operation is being prepared in the Shatoy district?
2. You took the initiative to create an independent commission on Chechnya.
Do you think that negotiations can now begin with Maskhadov?
3.On the tasks of the commission.
One of the main ones is to collect objective information about what is happening in Chechnya.
Make the maximum possible to normalize the situation.
4. Pro readiness of the commission to negotiate with Maskhadov in any territory.
5. How will the military react to the fact that the civilian commission will monitor what is happening in Chechnya?
6. How well is the assertion that the military does not provide objective information to the leadership?
7. What is the first need to deal with the commission to promote the speedy normalization of the situation?
8. About personnel appointments in OGV. The fact that the commander appointed Colonel-General G. Troshev.