here and now (2000) 01.23.2000
Availability of videosources
Needs clarification of possibility of digitizing in HD.
Guests of the program: Sergey Yastrzhembsky, Assistant Acting.
President of the Russian Federation.
Valery Manilov, First Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the RF Armed Forces, Colonel-General.
The main topics and issues discussed in the studio:
1. What can be done to regain confidence in the statistics of the military in Chechnya?
2. About the need to provide information only official sources.
3.About the absence of a regulatory framework for regulating the activities of the media in emergency situations and military operations, in particular.
4. About inaccurate information that is used by some TV channels.
5. Next report, tomorrow, to the PACE report on the situation in Chechnya.
6. How can we not lose partners and find new allies?
Fragment of the transmission from 01.25.2000. Opinion N. Sharansky, Minister of the Interior of Israel.
7. Why can't we explain our position as simply and clearly as Israel does?
8. The need to use new technologies for objective information.
9. How long will the military part of the operation in Chechnya last?