here and now (2000) 01.28.2000
Availability of videosources
Needs clarification of possibility of digitizing in HD.
Guest of the program: Anatoly Chubais, Chairman of the Board of RAO UES of Russia.
The main topics and issues discussed in the studio:
1.About the main questions that are now being asked to representatives of Russia in Davos?
2. Is it possible today to talk about specific agreements?
3. On the speech of M. Kasyanov, in which it was said about the readiness to do everything possible to attract foreign investment.
4. What prevents Western investors from investing in the Russian economy today?
5.About investments in the Russian energy sector, which are possible already this year.
6.The need to change the approach to receiving foreign investment.
7.On meeting with representatives of the IMF.
8. About the statement of J.
Soros that the IMF, nothing to do in Russia.
9. About the need to respect the rule of law and the execution of court decisions.
10. About the attitude of potential investors to the state of the Russian economy compared to 1997?
11. Any decisions made by Russia will strictly correspond to the national interests of the country.
12. The main result of Davos is not political, but economic.