theme (1999) 04/06/1999
Availability of videosources
Needs clarification of possibility of digitizing in HD.
Theme of the program: Political crisis of power.
Guests in the studio: Andranik Migranyan - vice-president of the "Reforma" foundation.
Vyacheslav Nikonov is president of the Politika Foundation, Doctor of Historical Sciences.
Henry Borovik is a writer, an international journalist.
The main issues discussed in the studio:
1. What is your opinion on the history of the resignation of the Prosecutor General of the Russian Federation?
2.O confrontation of the branches of power.
3. Now, probably, the most acute political crisis since 1991.
4. Corruption in the higher echelons of power.
On the resignation of the Prosecutor General of the Russian Federation,
The plot of the dismissal of Yuri Skuratov and of a number of high-profile criminal cases initiated by the Prosecutor General's Office.
5.There is a staff fever in power.
On the appointment of Nikolai Bordyuzha head of the presidential administration.
The plot of the appointment of Vladimir Putin, secretary of the Security Council.
6. About the resignation of Boris Berezovsky and the future of the CIS.
The plot about the resignation of B. Berezovsky and the appointment of the executive secretary of the CIS Yuri Yarov.
7.Your assessment of the economic situation in the country today.
On the visit of Yevgeny Primakov to the United States.
8. The inability of the Communist Party to fight for power today.
9.What will happen if Rossi does not receive financial assistance from the International Monetary Fund.
10.Suzhet about the visit to Moscow of the IMF head Michel Conves.
The bombing of Yugoslavia by the armed forces of NATO. On the negotiations of E. Primakov and S. Milosevic.
12. On US policy towards Russia.
13. Will Primakov return to Moscow if NATO strikes Yugoslavia? (the program was recorded on March 23, 1999, and on March 24 the United States conducted a bombardment).
The plot is about how Primakov unfolded the plane to Moscow, as he learned in flight that NATO would not cancel its decision to use force against Yugoslavia.
14.Your forecast for the dollar for the next few days?
PersonnelMigranyan Andranik is vice-president of the Reforma Foundation. Nikonov Vyacheslav is president of the Politika Foundation, Doctor of Historical Sciences. Borovik Henryk - writer, international journalist